Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Once in a lifetime

Kevin and I have often joked that the Talking Heads song Once in a Lifetime is our theme song. Hence the title of this blog. In the past 5 years Kevin and I have had 3 children, purchased our first house, moved from Chicago to my home town of Chesterton, added to our menagerie of animals and I became a stay at home mom. As we are about to embark on the next stage of our adventure, We may ask ourselves "Well how did I get here" I'm not sure that the answer is ever clear but looking back on the past 5 years, I can tell you we have had a great time arriving. Those who know me, know how much I love having the photos tell the story. I have chosen some of my favorites. These past 5 years we have experienced, first steps, words, birthdays, days of school, best friends and Christmases. The list could go on and on.  Let us begin:

                                                First new addition to the new house:
  
First Backyard for first baby
First Halloween
First Steps and Christmas in new house
 First Birthday
Elizabeth becomes a big sister for the first time. Hello Abbie!
E's Second birthday and first new family photo!

 Abbie's first Halloween

 Abbie's first birthday!

Abbie becomes a big sister, Hello Sydney!

Elizabeth's first day of school
  First Best Friend
Rare moments when we are all together

The same but different
 My best friend since the 6th grade, living 2 min apart has been a treasure
Sydney's first Halloween
Sydney's first Christmas
Sydney's First birthday
Getting big
Great trip to the Dunes
One of the last family pictures, in our house

                We may ask ourselves "where does that highway go to"? I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment